POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD is amusing for once... : Re: XKCD is amusing for once... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD is amusing for once...
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2008 14:26:44
Message: <492316f4@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> More specifically, I would imagine this is Wolfram's assertion that the
> universe might be a giant CA, which would explain why certain physical
> quantities have a discrete, "quantum" nature.

There are a number of people who assert such a thing, actually. Wolfram
was more summarizing there than inventing, methinks.

Altho I thought his point that even if only one cell was updated at a
time, we still wouldn't know this, because we would only see updates
when we ourselves got updated.  Freaky.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)