POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2008 14:23:50
Message: <49231646@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Heh, I remember the first time I landed in LA, I immediately noticed the
> yellowish smog layer over the entire valley.

To be fair, there's yellowish smog over many cities these days, usually
as seen from the top of the bridges coming into the city. LA is the
reason california passed stricter car pollution laws than anyone else in
the world 20 years ago.  Japan had to tool up whole new production lines
just for California's pollution controls.

So, yeah, we're working on it. One problem is that Kyoto doesn't put
limits on pollution, but on energy use. If you find a way to burn coal
completely without pollution, you're still screwed.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)