POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2008 12:42:00
Message: <4922fe68$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Haha. What?

Been to Europe lately? You know, Venice sinking into the water, statues
being moved inside because acid rain is melting them, etc?

I will say that LA is the only city I've been in that was as close to
being as polluted as Paris and Beijing were when I was there. And that's
because LA is in a big natural bowl and had awful air pollution even
before Christopher Columbus got to the New World. (The native americans
called it "the valley of smoke" because all the smoke from forest fires
would end up settling there.)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)