POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: scott
Date: 18 Nov 2008 10:50:45
Message: <4922e455$1@news.povray.org>
>  You demonstrate perfectly the kind of mentality. Limiting freedom of
> speech is completely "acceptable" when the subject in question is taboo
> enough.

You *really* believe you have complete freedom of speech?  What gives you
the right to expect that?  The general public expect that if you lie to an
official, or tell others to commit crimes, or speak in a way that damages
anyone else mentally, you should be suitably punished.  I'd hate to live
somewhere where those sorts of acts went unpunished.

>  People are already being fined in many western countries for expressing
> their opinion *without* causing any trouble.

Care to give any examples?