POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: Another day of strife Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of strife
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Nov 2008 09:36:19
Message: <4922d2e3$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Hey, guess what? Several of the backup settings have magically changed
> themselves to something completely different values.
>
> I wonder, who could have done that? Perhaps it was the fairies? Yes,
> that must be it. It was changed by faries.
>
> I'm completely sure that none of this has anything at all to do with the
> new global backup procedure document that comes into effect on the 1st
> of December. (Notice today's date: 18 *November*. Hence, our current
> procedure document is still in force and must be followed to the letter.)

The head of IT wants me to file a deviation record for this. Rather
than, you know, put the settings back to what they should be until the
SOP actually comes into force.

Because let's face it, signing a bit of paper saying "hey, we're sorry"
makes it all OK, doesn't it?

> Obviously I have no proof of who changed those settings. But I have a
> pretty good idea.

"Oh yeah, I should have probably had Chris touch base with you on that."

What the **** do you mean "probably"?!

Still, I'm just a mino in a very large pond. I suppose I should just be
thankful I haven't been eaten yet...