POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: scott
Date: 18 Nov 2008 09:19:14
Message: <4922cee2@news.povray.org>
> I think that's true with things like 3/4 ton trucks and vans. The Hummer
> is likely to get a Gas Guzzler tax, though. (Unless the Hummer has the 3/4
> ton payload & towing capacity, then it would be exempt, as it is, after
> all, classified as a truck. Yay lobbyists!)

I think that's what I read about, that people bought them because they were
exempt from some tax ... yeh I just looked on Wikipedia about the Hummer H2,
and yes apparently it is exempt from the gas guzzler tax.  It's also exempt
from fuel economy standards and emission testing because its gross weight is
over 8500lbs!  Still, maybe with higher fuel prices the 10mpg performance
will hit people more than what they save with the tax cuts.