POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 18 Nov 2008 08:47:41
Message: <4922c77d$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I don't know if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that if you buy a
> huge vehicle like a Hummer, you actually have to pay way less tax
> because it is classed as a different sort of vehicle (like a goods
> vehicle or something rather than a car).

I think that's true with things like 3/4 ton trucks and vans. The Hummer
is likely to get a Gas Guzzler tax, though. (Unless the Hummer has the
3/4 ton payload & towing capacity, then it would be exempt, as it is,
after all, classified as a truck. Yay lobbyists!)

In Texas I see lots of people driving 3/4 ton trucks as a status symbol.
  You can always tell, because they usually aren't actually hauling
anything, and have a tiny ball hitch suitable for pulling a small
fishing boat that a simple 4 cylinder car could pull. :)

--
~Mike