POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: Another day of strife Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of strife
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Nov 2008 08:04:43
Message: <4922bd6b@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> BTW I just did a very quick search on Monster.co.uk by typing in "backup
> IT" and it gave this job:
>
> http://jobview.monster.co.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=77477279

I'm doing some searching myself. It seems that "Imagination
Technologies" have a whole bundle of adverts for people designing custom
digital hardware and/or writing device drivers and firmware for such
hardware. For example,

http://jobview.monster.co.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=73965942

This looks like the kind of thing I could really enjoy doing. Trouble
is, I'm not seeing any specific job that I can tick ALL the boxes for.
I'm actually thinking maybe I should just send a letter to their
recruitment department telling them what I *can* offer and see what they
say to that...

> What's stopping you?

In this instance, they seem to be *demanding* actual experience.
(Specifically C, C++ and VHDL. None of which I have, but I'm pretty sure
I could learn the latter two.)