POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: Another day of strife Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of strife
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Nov 2008 06:54:10
Message: <4922ace2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> According to Google, it's 1 hour 15 minutes from where I currently
>> live. (Ah, but does Google know about rush hour, and the M1 roadworks?)
>
> Why on Earth would you be driving from where you currently live?

...because I can't afford to move?

>> Well, I suppose so. It just seems a bit silly applying for a job I
>> don't really want to do, that's all.
>
> It seems even sillier to stay in a job you apparently really hate.

Well, what it comes down to is this: If I'm going to apply for
something, it needs to be bettER than what I currently have. It needs to
be nearer or better paid or less stressful or *something*.

I think the specific job you mentioned fails on this test. (I'd be
driving *towards* the traffic jams, rather than away from them like I
currently do. And the "significant travelling will be involved" leads me
to think this is probably a customer-facing role, which absolutely rules
it out of consideration.) But maybe I can find *something* better
somewhere...