POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: Another day of strife Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of strife
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Nov 2008 06:36:18
Message: <4922a8b2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> What's stopping you?
>>
>> ...it's in London?
>
> Oh come on it's barely inside the M25, there are plenty of towns you
> could live in to the west that nobody would ever consider as "London".

According to Google, it's 1 hour 15 minutes from where I currently live.
(Ah, but does Google know about rush hour, and the M1 roadworks?)

>> Besides, I'd like to get *out* of computer support.
>
> And how is staying in your current job going to help with that?  You
> never know, at your new job there might be many more opportunities to
> move into programming, especially if it's a larger company with more IT
> staff.

Well, I suppose so. It just seems a bit silly applying for a job I don't
really want to do, that's all.

> Seems to me like you're just making up excuses not to move anywhere,
> none of which are really valid.

It's the wrong sort of job, in the wrong part of the country. Those seem
like pretty valid problems to me! :-P