POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: Another day of strife Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of strife
From: scott
Date: 18 Nov 2008 05:52:42
Message: <49229e7a@news.povray.org>
> I'll tell you why I put up with it: I have no choice. Unfortunately nobody
> else is willing to even interview much less employ me.

You're either applying for the wrong jobs or doing something wrong with your
CV or covering letter then.  I think I mentioned in another thread, take
your GCSE results off your CV for starters.

Why don't you post your CV and covering letter here and I'm sure a few
people will volunteer some helpful feedback.  After that you can take into
account whatever advice you choose to and work with that.  I understand if
you don't want to though, I wouldn't want to :-)

It's just plain incorrect that you won't be able to find another job
elsewhere, think of all the other people who are *way* less skilled than
you, they manage to find jobs ok.

BTW I just did a very quick search on Monster.co.uk by typing in "backup IT"
and it gave this job:

http://jobview.monster.co.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=77477279

I would say if you don't get an interview for that job you are doing
something seriously wrong on your CV or covering letter.  And because you
have several years experience, I think you could easily ask for and expect
to get the 25K salary.

What's stopping you?