POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Another day of strife Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Another day of strife
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Nov 2008 05:32:47
Message: <492299cf$1@news.povray.org>
For the last few days, backup jobs have been failing, and I don't know
why. I just spent the morning poking around to try to find out why.

Hey, guess what? Several of the backup settings have magically changed
themselves to something completely different values.

I wonder, who could have done that? Perhaps it was the fairies? Yes,
that must be it. It was changed by faries.

I'm completely sure that none of this has anything at all to do with the
new global backup procedure document that comes into effect on the 1st
of December. (Notice today's date: 18 *November*. Hence, our current
procedure document is still in force and must be followed to the letter.)

Obviously I have no proof of who changed those settings. But I have a
pretty good idea.

I'm really angry right now. I've spent all this time doing workarounds
to try to get the backups to work and writing all these extra log
entries to record my actions, and the cause of the problem all along was
some twat in America who ****ed around with MY backup settings without
bothering to tell me! >:-[

I utterly fail to see how I can be held legally responsible for this
stuff when I apparently have no control over it. How can I face a jail
sentence for somebody else's actions? In what universe is that fair??

amount of crap? I'm expected to single-handedly run an entire department
with no backup staff and having to beg for days off and losing valid
holiday entitlement almost every year because I didn't get to actually
use it, and be held legally responsible for all this lot, for slightly
more than the legal minimum wage?

I'll tell you why I put up with it: I have no choice. Unfortunately
nobody else is willing to even interview much less employ me. And I
*need* money. So no matter how angry I am, no matter how miserably it
makes me, I have to stay here.

And you know what? It really sucks. Big style.

I hate my life.