POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: scott
Date: 18 Nov 2008 05:15:44
Message: <492295d0@news.povray.org>
>> Their cars seemed way bigger to me.
>
> ...starting to understand why the USA doesn't want to reduce carbon
> emissions...

But they're definitely changing, the car companies like Ford are scrabbling
to get more of the European "small" cars over to the US whilst they are
closing factories that make the big pickups and 4x4s.  Maybe one day diesel
powered cars will become popular over there too, the Americans will probably
like them as they typically have more low-end torque than petrol cars.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that if you buy a
huge vehicle like a Hummer, you actually have to pay way less tax because it
is classed as a different sort of vehicle (like a goods vehicle or something
rather than a car).