POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Nov 2008 04:18:48
Message: <49228878$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> http://www.thehumorarchives.com/attachment/78/dildo.jpg
>
> Haha yes, even if they don't open your mail I still wouldn't send
> anything dodgy.  I've had a few parcels turn up half-opened because they
> were damaged during transit.

Too true.

(BTW, you have *no idea* how long it took me with Google to find that
image again!)

>> You remember that our postal address changed just a few months ago,
>> yes? ;-)
>
> SO, weren't you emailed or something to announce this change?  Maybe I
> just work in a different place, but I see and use our postal address the
> whole time for telling people how to get here, ordering stuff, filling
> in forms, reading letters that people have sent to me, those free
> technical magazines that are sent, on mine and my colleagues business
> cards etc it's everywhere.

I don't do purchasing. I tell the purchasing guys what I want ordered,
and they order it. (Because they know how all the paperwork works and
stuff. Personally, I have no idea what a "PO number" is.)

> Didn't you say you were sent some kit from
> the US?  THey must know your address, and it must have been written on
> the thing you received, just copy that.  Heck at our place there's even
> a big number above the entrance, and a sign on the street for the street
> name, that's a good start.

You'll recall that my place of work isn't on a "street". (Indeed,
according to my TomTom, it isn't even on a *road*!) It's in the middle
of a farmer's field.

But yeah, the purchasing guys will know what the address is. They
purchase all my stuff for me!