POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: scott
Date: 18 Nov 2008 03:38:44
Message: <49227f14$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, there were already constitutional challenges based on the fact that
> the camera can't take the witness stand, for example. How are you supposed
> to argue you weren't speeding if the police won't even tell you where they
> caught you speeding?

Of course they should tell you where you were caught, but there's no reason
to keep the cameras in the same place.

Actually in the UK they had almost this method, because I think 80-90% of
the camera housings are actually empty inside.  A pretty good idea so long
as they put the camera housings near dangerous areas (and not just on a big
empty wide stretch with a ridiculously low limit).  Naturally they move
around the actual cameras, so you're never sure which ones are actually
working or not.