POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: Warp
Date: 17 Nov 2008 18:59:57
Message: <4922057d@news.povray.org>
> Oh, come on - I think there's a bit of a difference between "you can't
> post material you don't have the rights to" and "you can't speak out
> against your government without risking your life".  Again, let's get
> some perspective, please.

  Soon we will be in a situation where you really can't speak against
your government (about certain issues) without being fined or jailed,
which in many cases is effectively almost as bad as risking your life.

  You know, there are certain issues which are becoming more and more
a taboo, and which are overriding freedom of speech. Not too unlike what
has happened in China where, for example, speaking about the Tiananmen
Square events is taboo and will get you fined or jailed.

--
                                                          - Warp