POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: scott
Date: 17 Nov 2008 08:31:47
Message: <49217243$1@news.povray.org>
> Mmm, OK. My mum's works laptop used to have GSM capabilities. It was
> several times slower than a 56K modem, depending on location.

LOL, I used to have a 2400 baud modem too.  Well, as usual, times have moved
on since then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Speed_Downlink_Packet_Access

Most service providers seem to be offering a flat-rate "mobile broadband"
package for around 20-30 pounds per month, really useful if you need a
network connection and travel sometimes without access to free-WLAN.

> OTOH, presumably if you lose your keys, they have ways to fix this, so it
> can't be *that* secure.

If you "lose" both keys it is a long and difficult process to get a new set
from the manufacturer.  Of course they are going to check with lists of
stolen cars before doing so, and I guess you have to provide proof you own
the vehicle, ID etc.  Most of the time people just lose 1 key, and then it
is quite trivial to buy a "blank" key and reprogram it from the old key.