POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: scott
Date: 17 Nov 2008 02:53:47
Message: <4921230b$1@news.povray.org>
> In most states in the USA, if your car hasn't gotten across the *far*
> white line when the light goes red, technically you're in the intersection
> on a red light.

Is that illegal then, to be *in* the intersection when the light you passed
on the way in is red?  What happens if you are wanting to turn left and have
to wait until all the cars coming the opposite way have stopped on red - is
that illegal if your light has switched back to red?  Or what if traffic is
moving slowly and you set off into the intersection on green, but then it
changes to red before you make it to the other side?

> Yep, that happens too. When I was learning to drive (and sometimes still
> now), I start thinking to myself "No, no, no, no, YES!" and making the
> decision in advance whether I'll stop for a yellow or not. At least that
> way, I'm either speeding up or slowing down, and not hesitating trying to
> decide which I should do when I should already be acting. Not that I
> always make the right decision, but usually.

Yeh I have that sometimes too, although usually it's just because I don't
want to break hard to stop in time, then I decide to keep going, but then I
realise it's going to be a bit risky and it might go red so I slam on the
brakes anyway!