POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another Toccata : Re: Another Toccata Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Toccata
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Nov 2008 14:08:49
Message: <49206fc1$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>> It seems the score I have is a simplified version as it is...
>
> Hmm, it sounds quite like the original to me.

I had a look here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o

There seem to be more harmonies to it than what's on my sheet.

>> Counterpoint, MUCH??
>
> Yes, very much! :)

Counterpoint and harmony is something I have never been able to master.
This saddens me greatly.

But then, in general, I'm very good at copying other people's work, and
hopeless at composing my own. (I can never decide what notes would sound
interesting together...)

>> That's what I'm saying. Having an audience makes me all shy and
>> self-concious and I start making dumb mistakes and stuff...
>
> Having a passion for organs doesn't help... ^_^

Well... no... ;-)

And Widor's Toccata *opens with* triple forte. It's a loud, bold, joyous
piece of music. It cannot be played quietly. ;-)

>> Knowing the camera is rolling makes you kind of try to keep going no
>> matter what... Hey, the 3 clips I've posted online are cut from a reel
>> of about 15 seperate takes! o_O
>
> Aha!

Hmm, yes, it is true...

OTOH, my mum could spent 4 weeks making endless recordings and never
produce a single one that compares to what I have on film, so I won't
feel too bad about having to take a couple of tries at it. 0;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/