POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to find the maximum value of a function? : Re: How to find the maximum value of a function? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to find the maximum value of a function?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 16 Nov 2008 08:21:44
Message: <49201e68@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> I think I've been going about things entirely the wrong way. I'm more confused
> now than I was at the start... :(

I'm not sure what this means.... finding extrema is a hard problem.  If you can
numerically differentiate the function with respect to conjugate axes which span the
parameter space it's a lot easier: then you end up finding the zeros of a function
rather than the extremes of one, and zeros are easier.