POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pwning n00bs : Re: Pwning n00bs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pwning n00bs
From: Warp
Date: 16 Nov 2008 08:02:52
Message: <492019fc@news.povray.org>
> This is why I don't buy things from ebay. As I understand it, you give
> the seller your money, and they send you the item. Except that, AFAIK,
> there is *no guarantee* that anything will ever actually arrive. (I
> don't know whether ebay will refund your money in this instance... I'd
> imagine not.) Of course, most ebay sellers are probably perfectly
> geniune, but how do you tell?

  If I'm not mistaken, ebay offers a service which acts as a third-party:
The seller sends the product to this service, and the buyer sends the
money. When both things have been sent, the service proceeds with the
transaction. If either the product or the money never arrives, the other
good gets returned.

  Of course this service is not free.

--
                                                          - Warp