POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-ray (text) editor for beginners : Re: POV-ray (text) editor for beginners Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-ray (text) editor for beginners
From: Jonathan Hunt
Date: 16 Nov 2008 05:45:06
Message: <491ff9b2$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> And I believe SciTE is able to launch POV-Ray directly with a
> button-press, and it does great syntax highlighting.

Yes, SciTE is great for editing POV-Ray files.

I have the following in my /usr/share/scite/pov.properties...

command.compile.*.pov=povray +P +W320 +H240 $(FileNameExt)
command.build.*.pov=povray +P +W800 +H600 $(FileNameExt)
command.go.*.pov=povray +P +W1332 +H999 +AM2 +A $(FileNameExt)

...which then let's me launch various different qualities of renders
directly from the editor using the function key short cuts.

SciTE even shows you the povray output in a small pane to the right of
the editor, so it's easy to see mistakes in the SDL code if there are
any or to track the progress of the render.

--
Jonathan