POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another Toccata : Re: Another Toccata Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Toccata
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Nov 2008 23:01:55
Message: <491f9b33$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> By the way, I looked up "fugue" on Wikipedia. It's quite interesting.
>> It seems a fugue is basically a musical fractal. How neat is that?
>
> You should read Godel, Escher, Bach. The whole Bach part is about how
> his music is all self-referential like Escher and Godel's stuff is.

One of the examples in the book is Bach's "Crab Canon", which you can
turn upside down and play and get the same song.  Just as an example.

And, apropos of not much, this was pretty cool:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v1VdJU7scps

But the Bach sounds pretty good for someone who does it for fun. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)