POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blender Vs PovRay : Re: Blender Vs PovRay Server Time
13 Jun 2024 02:01:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender Vs PovRay
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Nov 2008 20:57:09
Message: <491f7df5$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Everything hinges on that darned GUI! The developers have to find ways
> to incorporate new features into the program without making the GUI a
> difficult monstrosity to contend with. More procedurals would be nice,
> and wouldn't add unnecessary clutter.

OTOH, seems like Blender is getting node-based textures, so
textures-inside-textures is now possible. :)

http://www.blendernation.com/2008/11/13/new-feature-in-development-texture-nodes/
http://www.blendernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/manual-part-iv-texture-node-example.png

I don't have a problem with Blender's GUI, but then, it's the only 3D
editor I know.  What I like about it the most is all the keyboard
shortcuts, so that I hardly use the mouse to do anything other then mesh
editing.