POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My own Vista impressions : Re: My own Vista impressions Server Time
1 Jun 2024 03:04:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own Vista impressions
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Nov 2008 17:31:34
Message: <491f4dc6$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Even so, 20% seems rather a large overhead for something like that.

Actually, Vista does power saving by turning down the CPU speed and
limiting the maximum speed.  Tom's Hardware is generally pretty
cluefull, and their benchmarks are pretty well documented and all, but I
wonder if they turned that off.  I'd read someone else say it could take
a couple of seconds for your programs to get up to speed, but I thought
that sounded pretty silly. Now I have to wonder if they were right and
Vista really does keep the CPU slow for longer than I'd expect. Hmmmm...

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)