POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My own Vista impressions : Re: My own Vista impressions Server Time
13 Jun 2024 13:06:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own Vista impressions
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Nov 2008 13:19:35
Message: <491f12b7$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Slower than what? XP? Well, there's at least this:
> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/xp-vs-vista,1531.html

That was pretty good. I'm actually rather surprised that there's a
noticeable difference in speed on computer-bound tasks like encoding.
You would think that there isn't much you can do to hurt that, but
perhaps some of the changes like tighter scheduling is adding overhead
that isn't useful when you only have one compute-bound task running.
Even so, 20% seems rather a large overhead for something like that.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)