POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista 64bit with 8gb ram and Povray : Re: Vista 64bit with 8gb ram and Povray Server Time
28 Apr 2024 23:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista 64bit with 8gb ram and Povray
From: Alain
Date: 14 Nov 2008 22:36:32
Message: <491e43c0$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous illumina en ce 2008-11-14 22:27 -->
> Alain wrote:
>> Under Windows Vista, you must install into a custom directory, NOT the
>> default one. POV-Ray need to update some of it's INI files and Vista
>> don't allow it when working in the programm files folder.
>
> Is this still true? I thought this had been fixed in the latest betas at
> least?

The beta will place the ini and user files in a personal user profile folder.
So, it fixed for the 3.7 betas.

If you are using the official release 3.6 version, it won't do that. So, you
need to install into a custom folder.

--
Alain
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear