POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: nemesis
Date: 14 Nov 2008 15:34:03
Message: <491de0bb@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>>
>> I think his Lynx web browser doesn't support it. ;)
>
> I'm fairly sure Firefox *supports* it, but I still don't know what it
> *is*. :-P

Firefox calls it Live Bookmarks.  Whenever you see in a website some
link with a cool little orange icon (courtesy of Mozilla and adopted by
Microsoft) named "RSS feed", you can "subscribe" to it and have all new
article and blog entries fed automatically to your browser.  It's kinda
like NNTP for the web, except it's a one way communication link.

>> It was revoked long ago when he showed he didn't know who Stallman or
>> Jobs was, nor Valve software. ;)
>
> Are you kidding? *All* of the games I play are from Valve! :-P
>
> It was... actually no, I don't remember which developer it was, but the
> guys behind WoW or some other huge-name game like that.

Ah, yes, Blizzard.