POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Nov 2008 14:18:46
Message: <491dcf16$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> [...]

Maplin isn't the cheapest place on earth, but they provide actual
customer service. It's worth a few percent more for that.

(They're also a real-world shop, so you can walk in, purchase something,
and have it in your hand the same day, rather than waiting 3 days for it
to be delivered and then waiting until the weekend so you can go to the
post office to collect the item during their brief opening hours...)

> On the page for 1 TB hdds:
> http://www2.pricewatch.com/hard_removable_drives/sata_1tb.htm
>
> 3 of the top 5 state in their summary that international orders are OK,
> so shipping to you shouldn't be a problem.  The other two might still do
> it, they just don't state it.

Hmm. I wonder if that's changed significantly since March...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/