POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Nov 2008 11:56:37
Message: <491dadc5$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Huh? What do the cars do that are on green?  Here I see max. 1 second
> red light running, and even that is very rare.

The other ones that bug me is when traffic is heavy, and instead of
leaving the intersection open enough, when the light's green, five cars
will pull into the middle of the three-lane-road intersection, just so
they can "get through the light."  Of course, when the cross traffic
gets the green, the intersection is still full. So most people will
drive in front of the people already stuck and start blowing the horn.

Very helpful, that.

>> I like that some places actually put in red light cameras - then it is
>> automatic with the ticket, not only when there is a cop around.
>
> Yeh a lot of them here too, although IMO they make the cameras too obvious.

I think in the USA you'd get even worse constitutional challenges if the
camera was hidden. The whole excuse for putting the camera in is to
encourage people to slow down and not run the red-light. (We all know
it's really to collect money.)

> accidents are caused by this behaviour,

I'd be more worried that in the case of an accident, there's no way for
the emergency vehicles to get to the problem area, myself.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)