POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: Warp
Date: 14 Nov 2008 10:46:20
Message: <491d9d4c@news.povray.org>
Dre <and### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I feel sad for you.  Unless you're deaf, in which case there's no way
> > around it...

> Likewise, without music I'd simply be a lost soul.

  The *most* I can bear to listen to is one CD of music. Well before the end
I will be rather tired of it. Often I can't bear it to the end and I will
just stop it early, for the sweet silence. Thus I basically never listen to
music for more than a few minutes.

  And this is only if I'm not concentrating on anything. If I'm concentrating
on something (eg. work or reading), the music is immensely distracting. It
makes it very hard to concentrate. I need silence, please.

> IOW, I love music, music *moves* you!

  It may move me, but after it has played for an hour it starts becoming
really tiresome, if not even irritating.

  I don't hate music. I like music. There's no musical genre which I would
detest. I just can't listen to it for long periods of time.

--
                                                          - Warp