POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-ray (text) editor for beginners : Re: POV-ray (text) editor for beginners Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-ray (text) editor for beginners
From: Warp
Date: 14 Nov 2008 10:38:49
Message: <491d9b89@news.povray.org>
Alessio Sangalli <ale### [at] manowebcom> wrote:
> The most annoying problem is that everytime she wants to see the scene
> she has to save, go to the shell, issue the povray command with some
> (for her) cryptic options and then open up an image viewer (or
> imagemagick's "display") to see the result.

  It doesn't have to be so complicated. When I edit a povray file and want
to make a test render of it, it happens like:

- Save by pressing the saving shortcut key in the text editor.
- Alt+tab to switch to the terminal where I have been running povray.
- Up+enter (assuming I have already run povray in that terminal).

  That's it. POV-Ray shows the rendered image on an X window while it
renders it. When it's done (or I want to interrupt it), I:

- Press q to stop povray.
- Alt+tab to get back to the editor.

  If your version of povray doesn't display the image it's rendering,
you should get one which does.

--
                                                          - Warp