POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Nov 2008 05:30:34
Message: <491d534a$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Normal people have friends. I am seemingly incapable of achieving this
>> basic human need. I fail at life.
>
> You seem to have posted several times on here and on your blog about how
> you went out with other people (to pubs, karting events, parties etc), I
> suspect that's more than a lot of people have done.  I know certainly I
> haven't been out with any friends for a long time.  Anyway, how many of
> those people you went out with would you consider "normal"? From some of
> the things you posted they seemed anything but normal to me ;-)

I don't know - going to parties and pubs sounds pretty typical to me. :-P

Unfortunately for me, these things happen, like, once every few months.
The rest of my life I heardly *speak* to another living human being.
(Posting stuff on the Internet isn't the same.)

>>> Because understandably most employers would just throw it in the bin.
>>
>> Oh. OK...
>
> You seem to have just been unfortunate in what happened during your
> childhood. No employer is going to spend the effort to investigate your
> life story on the off-chance that you are very intelligent but just
> didn't get any A-levels (which you are), there aren't many people like
> you so it's not worth looking hard for them.  I don't think many people
> who have been working for more than a year or two put the details of
> their pre-university education on a CV, so it's totally fine to just
> skip that bit and I bet you'll see better responses.

At the moment, just finding somebody to give my CV to is the problem.

Also, I really hate the way you apply to half a dozen people... and then
never hear anything about it. It's like "gee, did I *really* apply to
all these companies? Or did I just imagine it?" It's massively,
massively demotivating. Why spend hours of your life doing something
that produces no results of any kind?