POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: scott
Date: 14 Nov 2008 03:51:21
Message: <491d3c09$1@news.povray.org>
> I once made a safe stop at a red light.
> I started to fiddle with the radio and started to hear tires squealing.
> Next thing I know a guy blows past me sideways spinning into the
> intersection.

Oh wow, yeh at least he didn't just plough into the back of you.

I had a similar experience on my bike once, it was at some construction work
and the light went red, so I stopped and was first in line.  A split second
later I see a cyclist (who must have been right behind me) come flying past
me in the air pretty much separated from his bike. Once he'd picked himself
up off the road and collected up his (now unrideable) bike, he said to me
how stupid I was to stop at the light and I should have just gone through it
like all the other cyclists!