POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My own Vista impressions : Re: My own Vista impressions Server Time
1 Jun 2024 02:03:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own Vista impressions
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 13 Nov 2008 22:55:27
Message: <491cf6af@news.povray.org>
I've recently bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate installed, and I
have actually been semi-consistently annoyed at it.  It looks very nice,
and has been stable, and I actually rather like the UAC so far.  My main
complaint is just that it seems to have bizarre glitches rather
frequently, such as:

* Sometimes ignoring all mouse clicks until I log off and log back on

* At home it will stop making new connections though my wireless

* In a directory with many files, the page will flip between where I was
at and the next page if I minimize the window then bing it back to the
foreground.

* Turns off my wireless unless I hibernate it if I move it from one
building to another.

etc..

Nothing major has really gone wrong, but it does seem to get minor
things wrong more frequently than XP did for me.  On the whole I think
prefer it to XP, but I haven't been all that that wowed by it.