POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-ray (text) editor for beginners : POV-ray (text) editor for beginners Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  POV-ray (text) editor for beginners
From: Alessio Sangalli
Date: 13 Nov 2008 20:12:24
Message: <491cd078@news.povray.org>
Hi, every night before going to bed I teach a little bit of POV-ray to
my wife.

The most annoying problem is that everytime she wants to see the scene
she has to save, go to the shell, issue the povray command with some
(for her) cryptic options and then open up an image viewer (or
imagemagick's "display") to see the result. For an animation, it's even
more complicated.

Because my target here is not teach her how to script in bash but how to
write scenes in POV-ray, I would feel much better if there was an
"integrated" editor for POV-ray with buttons to select options and start
rendering.

Any suggestion? PS I do *not* want a CAD-like or "visual" editor...

bye
as