POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: Warp
Date: 13 Nov 2008 17:35:22
Message: <491cabaa@news.povray.org>
> I don't pirate music for a similar reason... (Being a person who also
> creates the stuff.)

  I don't even feel the need to pirate music because listening to music
is not my hobby. I basically never listen to music.

> OTOH, DRM *also* annoys the hell out of me! >_<

  The reason why DRM is so annoying is that it doesn't affect the people
who it should, ie. the pirates, but it *does* affect and hinder the honest
people who buy honestly and pay what they are asked for the product.

  Soon we will live in a world where pirated music and movies are the
*only* way to get them to work properly without having to spend enormous
amounts of money on expensive hardware which might still not guarantee
that you can get them to work properly.

  The naive theoretical idea behind DRM is that if you are a honest paying
customer, you don't even notice it's there. Only if you try to copy it
illegally you will stumble accross its obstacles. In practice it's often
almost the opposite.

--
                                                          - Warp