POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My own Vista impressions : Re: My own Vista impressions Server Time
16 May 2024 23:59:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own Vista impressions
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Nov 2008 10:52:51
Message: <491c4d53@news.povray.org>
Chambers escreveu:
> I think people just like to complain about Microsoft for no good reason
> at all.

Well, in my case there's a pretty good reason:  I don't like monopolies.
  Specially marketing ones in the IT field.

> UAC doesn't bother me at all.  But then, I understand what it's there
> for, and I'd much rather have it ask me than not.  Besides, it's no
> worse than the equivalents in Linux and Mac OS.

It's in no way the same as sudo, which only asks once in a while.

But perhaps you're lucky to just get the pos-SP1 Vista?  Before that,
Vista would ask you to allow wether or not notepad could should you an
html page source, no kidding.

> And the GUI?  I waited almost two years after Windows XP was introduced
> before I switched from 2K - the XP GUI drove me nuts, and as soon as I
> found out about FlyAKiteOSX, I switched my GUI to be a Mac clone.  With
> Vista, I liked the GUI straight away.

I liked it too, specially with a black glossy glass theme.  It's years
ahead of XP's default teletubbies look.  But Blender doesn't play nice
with Aero (and perhaps other OpenGL apps as well) so I just turned it off.