POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Nov 2008 07:02:40
Message: <491c1760$1@news.povray.org>
>> Sadly it seems that 80% of all UK jobs are in London. Regardless of
>> which industry.
>
> Well, yes. It's the capital city and (iirc) the largest city in the UK.
> Hence most things will be there

This is not surprising.

What *is* surprising (to me at least) is that lots of things happen in
cities near to MK, but very little happens in MK itself. I'm not sure
why that would be...

(I'm thinking more of social events - I'm not really sure what the jobs
markets are like.)

Also... the UK has plenty of other large cities besides London. Yet not
many of these seem to have huge quantities of work available. I'm not
really sure why.