POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Nov 2008 04:26:34
Message: <491bf2ca@news.povray.org>
>> Well, London isn't "remote", but no sane person would want to go there.
>
> ?

Heh. You'll get me into trouble. :-P

>> The people who aren't in London are in places like Southampton, York,
>> etc.
>>

> I happen to be in Amsterdam actually. Or don't I count as people? (or is
> that '... do I not...')

I meant the other companies I researched. A lot of them were in London,
and the rest were in far-flung parts of the UK.

Korg UK is in Milton Keynes. But there office is about 10 square feet,
so I'm guessing it's just an admin office...

>> Um... the obvious problem here is that I'm obviously not intelligent
>> enough to do a PhD. :-P
>
> Intelligence is not a prerequisite for a PhD position. As long as you
> have a MSc or equivalent you could be hired.

Well, I don't have an MSc. I only have a BSc.

(You know the random Asian guys asking me to fix their Java? *They* were
the MSc students!)

> Please, leave the job of
> finding reasons why you are not qualified to the selection committee.
> BTW if it ever comes to this I will probably not take part is the job
> interview. I might know too much about you to be objective.

Why would you want me anyway? Surely somebody who already lives in
Amsterdam would be a more sensible choice? :-P