POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: nemesis
Date: 12 Nov 2008 21:45:44
Message: <491b94d8$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Have you heard my voice? I certainly *sound* retarded! (I talk waaaaay
> tooo sloooowllllyyyy...)

You're not retarded.  You just have all the common hallmarks of true
geeks.  People will think you're retard, gay, weirdo, coward etc.  Face
it:  if you want more of life than just a job, a marriage and a house,
you're not part of them.

We sound awkward because our brains are typically multithreading through
a range of intelectual subjects rather than just the weather, sports
happenings, showbiz celebrities or someone else's life.

> Well anyway, the first school I went to was a rough school. Kids could
> beat up other kids just for entertainment. Whoever the weakest kid was,
> he or she got beat the most. Wanna guess who the weakest kid in my class
> was?

Calvin and Moe.  Typical infant problem.  I used to bleed a lot, but was
proud of myself of once handling two bullies at once.  :)  They were so
astonished that left me alone for a while...

> I can vividly remember being chased across the playground screaming blue
> murder begging for somebody to save me. But the staff just stood there
> smoking, not really paying attention. Afterwards I asked one of them
> "why didn't you save me?!" The disinterested individual casually
> responded "uw, I thought they woz just playin widja". Yeah, thanks for
> that.

Come on, now when you think of it don't you see the whole silliness of
the scene?  They probably see that everyday.  It's not like some kids
are truly massacring other kids, so it's really fun to watch. :P

It's a part of becoming apt for life, I guess.  Including all the
traumas and neurosis.

> So then I got moved to this school for weird kids. And my god, were they
> weird! Some of them couldn't even speak properly, or at all. Almost all
> of them were very obviously strange.

Genius children?  Mutants?  Perhaps they just communicated by
telepathy... ;)

> Originally I assumed that I went to this school because I couldn't read
> or write. But now, looking back, it has gradually become clear to me
> that *I* am not normal either. I do things that normal people don't do.
> There clearly *is* something wrong with me. And I know it's incurable. I
> find this extremely upsetting.

Unless you're talking superpowers, I feel very much alike, except I
don't feel weird nor wrong, it's just me being me among many other
pathetic life forms^^^ people. ;)