POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:48:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2008 13:13:43
Message: <491b1cd7$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

> "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote in message
>
>> I thought this was why we were making the backups, but perhaps I'm
>> misinformed.
>>

> I'd leave that out. It could easily be interpreted as sarcastic and with
> a condecending tone. The rest is fine.

As I said, it's shorter than it should be, and over-the-top to make a
point.   (It's not as over-the-top as I had expected it to be when I
started. I guess my anti-smarmy now kicks in without me having to
consciously rewrite things to get rid of it. :-)

Perhaps something more along the lines of "I was under the impression
the only reason we were making backups is to deal with disaster
recovery. Perhaps I am unaware of additional planned uses for this
data"? That sort of thing, to express that "if what you want is disaster
recovery, this is what you need, but what else do you want?"

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)