POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2008 12:52:12
Message: <491b17cc$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> You're suggesting that we switch to backup method E, which has the
> advantage of letting us restore to later versions of oracle but would
> seem to have the disadvantage that it would take much more effort to
> recover from a disaster. For example, since method E does not save the
> user account information, we would still need to export that
> independently at the time of making backups with method E or risk
> needing to recreate that information while the company waits.

And here, you can add something like "Has Oracle improved this feature?
Have they eliminated the need to reconstruct all the metadata before
restoring an E backup? If so, could you be so kind as to point me
towards the new manuals that describe this so I can learn how these new
features work?"

Stuff like that.

Hope this helps. I know you probably weren't asking for advice, but ...
you know me by now. ;-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)