POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Center of the world : Re: Center of the world Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Center of the world
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2008 12:28:20
Message: <491b1234$1@news.povray.org>
Halbert wrote:
> Interestingly, it would seem, many cartographers seem to consider the UK to
> be the most important part of the map.

Possibly because that's where the explorers came from that had invented
maps?  (As in, many people invented maps, but the europeans carried
theirs with them while others tended to stay home?)

And in the USA, America really is in the middle of the maps like that.
It doesn't look "weird" at all to me. Having the Atlantic in the middle
doesn't look weird either. Having the Pacific or Russia in the middle
would look weird.  All that cold-war stuff, I guess.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)