POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: scott
Date: 12 Nov 2008 09:06:24
Message: <491ae2e0$1@news.povray.org>
> Is that why LEDs display a non-linear brightness response too?

Non-linear with respect to what?  The brightness response is pretty linear
with respect to current, double the current you get double the brightness to
within a few %.

> I presume you mean you can "ignore" them for the purposes of figuring out
> the total current flowing through the system. Clearly the current flowing
> through each path only depends on the resistence of that path and the
> potential difference...

I meant if you have a point of unknown voltage connected to two (or more)
other known voltages via resistors.  If one of the resistors is drastically
lower than all the others, then you can just assume the unknown point is
directly connected through the lowest resistance and treat all the other
resistors as essentially not connected.