POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Nov 2008 17:00:57
Message: <491a0099$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:

> My favorite is when your light turns green
> which means that the other traffic must have been red for 3-4 seconds
> yet cars are still continuing to go through the intersection trying to
> 'beat' the red.

Yeah. Of course, the only thing they're likely to "beat" is the bodywork
of their precious sports car when it smashes into another vehicle.

> Another is when you are going to make a right turn and almost hit the
> guy that's been driving on the shoulder for 1/4 mile to make his right
> turn.

I don't know about other countries, but here that kind of thing is
illegal. (Not that this stops anybody...)

I don't know why, but people who drive expensive sports cars seem to
have the mentality that it's their road and everybody else is required
to get out of *their* way, and that the rules to not apply to them. As
if the world is put there for their own personal convinience or
something... grr!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/