POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linked : Re: Linked Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linked
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:58:41
Message: <491a0011@news.povray.org>
>> Notice the curios capitalisation
>
> It's standard. Everything but conjunctions and articles and prepositions
> gets capitalized, and those others if they start the sentence of course.

So why are "It" and "Is" capitalised, but not "to" and "and"? That seems
rather inconsistent to me.

>> and other assorted grammar...
>
> ... which needs a comma before the first "and" in American.

Really? In UK English, you never put a comma before an "and". Unless
it's a new clause in the sentence anyway.

"X, Y and Z" is the correct way here, but they wrote "X, Y, and Z".

I couldn't comment on whether or not it's correct US English.

(Did I tell you about the friendly cashier who told my grandad that "you
speak our language very well"? Au contrare, *you* speak *our* language
rather badly! :-P But there we are...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/