POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Go figure! (again) : Re: Go figure! (again) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Go figure! (again)
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 13 Nov 2008 00:18:44
Message: <491BB93C.3060507@joplin.com>
Mike the Elder wrote:
> The last time that I broached the subject of adding human figures to my POV-Ray
> work, I became so frustrated that I just gave up and went back to working
> figure-free.

Leroy's thought:
  Me to! So I went to making robots.

> Mike the Elder wrote:
> The short version of the question is this:
> Keeping in mind that I would like to be able to do as much as I can myself and
> avoid being stuck with having to purchase "improvements" figure by figure,
> texture by texture, hairdo by hairdo, etc., where should I invest my money and
> how much should I expect to spend?

Leroy's thought:
  There is probably a formula that would solve that problem.
  It have would to have many variables TIME, Money, Software
limitations,...etc

> am).  I really would like to support the freeware movement and its associated
> communities whenever feasible.

Leroy's thought:
  As do I. If I can't get it free and I really,really,really want it I
make it. Then if its half way desent I put it on my web page free to
everyone.(http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/)

> Last time I checked, PoseRay was the way to go to convert figures for use in
> POV-Ray. Anything new to know about in this area?

Leroy's thought:
As to rest of your comments, I don't have any opinion on any of that
software, I don't use them. And right now I'm working of an animation
that uses robots. While also writing software that will help with the
keyframe animation.

Have Fun!!