POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video game : Re: Video game music Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video game music
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Nov 2008 15:13:14
Message: <4919e75a$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> scott wrote:
>>> That's the tought part, yes.  Getting the musical scores.  I heard in
>>> japan the game companies publish popular game's musical scores.
>>> Lookup for game sheetmusic...
>>
>> Or just find a MIDI file to download and look at.
>
> I'm looking at one right now and seeing nothing but hex numbers. :)
>
> Ok, lame jokes aside, it's still difficult to find game MIDIs (yes, I
> know of vgmusic site) and, specially, piano single game MIDIs...

Well for example, I've never seen the score for the Bridge Zone from
Sonic the Hedgehog (IIRC, II on the MasterSystem, but I might be wrong).
But I can still play it. And I've made a recording of it.

Doesn't change the fact that I don't have the publisher's permission to
do any of this...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/