POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Nov 2008 15:07:38
Message: <4919e60a$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>>> It sounds like you think very technically.  What is you interest
>>> level in electronics.  There's plenty of heavy lifting math there ;-)
>>
>> My *interest level* is moderately high. My *knowledge level* is very low.
>>
>> (As in, I know how it's *supposed* to work. It just doesn't work that
>> way when *I* do it.)
>
> I bet that if you dedicate yourself to learning electronics the same way
> that you dedicated yourself to playing the church organ and uploading
> the file to youtube you could likely have something working.
>
> Parts of digital electronics can be very simple - join wire a to wire b.
> Some of it can get tricky, but most of the work has been done for you
> and is packaged into nice chips.
>
> Analog can get a bit more tricky.  You have to calculate resistor values
> and capacitor values to make things work.  Then the parts you can
> actually use have a tolerance of +-10% - but i calculated I needed a
> 2045 ohm resistor.....

I actually have some breadboard and a stack of 7400s *somewhere*. (I
seem to have misplaced them currently.) I was going to try to build a
CPU... but I never actually got round to it.

(Actually, I got as far as not being able to get the chips to give me
the truth table I was expecting...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/